CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
August 9-10, 2017 Chicago, IL
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT Leaders
WHAT IS THE CIO MEETING?
The CIO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of information technology leaders from the largest 2,000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CIOs, CTOs, SVPs and VPs of Information Technology.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the service offerings of the attending vendors.
Chief Technology Officer
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Information Officer & Head of Sourcing & Vendor Management, ZF IT
ZF North America, Inc.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Big Data Platform Strategies
What strategies are you employing to spread your ever-growing data across complex combinations of new and legacy environments, given the cost and legislative requirements?
• Do you know where all of your data is? How is data discoverable across your organization?
• How do you ensure data continues to deliver value, rather simply being a management burden? Are you eliminating stale and increasing the amount of what you need?
• How are you leveraging Smart Data – that adds value to your organization and users?
CIO Leadership and Influence
What does CIO leadership and influence really mean?
• Is the CIO role an influencer within the organization or seen as an operational role?
• How does the CIO use the organizations overall strategic goals to help sponsor/drive change to improve services/products for customers?
• How is the organization of IT helping or impeding a business’s digital transformation?
Security Implications Resulting from an Increasingly Complex Environment
• Determine the security solution that meets the shared security responsibility model within cloud environments
• How are you prioritizing cloud?
• Are you concerned that certain elements of your virtualization or cloud strategy are not achieving the savings and goals that were intended?
Cloud: The Shift in IT Infrastructure
• Prioritize speed-to-market as a strategic objective
• Evaluate transition risk
• Adoption of managed public cloud-based platform
Business Agility Methodology and Transformation
• Drive business growth and innovation
• Deliver business solutions quickly
• Serve customers where they want to be served
Developing an IT Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
• Driving innovation throughout the organization
• Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
• Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
Modern Application Architecture
• What level of flexibility must your modern architecture have?
• Create future proof application to prevent holding your company back
• What will your modern application architecture look like?
Talent Management & Workforce Innovation
• How can your organization deal with the shortage of qualified IT professionals and developers?
• How can your organization bridge the growing skills gap while remaining competitive?
• How your organization adapt to the new application economy?
“It was the best single-day CIO event I have attended. I truly appreciated the smaller, round table, colleague-led settings for the main discussions. The intimate experiences and shared knowledge is what made this event special.”
-CIO, NYC Administration for Children’s Services
“This is one of the few venues which continue to develop and nurture my professional relationships without the high pressure sales atmosphere so prevalent in other meetings.”
-VP & GM Caprock Government Solutions, HARRIS CORPORATION
“The small strategy sessions are much more fruitful in my opinion.“
“Great group interaction. Strong facilitation.”
-VP & CIO, Energizer Holdings
NCS Madison Corp.
500 N. Dearborn St., Suite 605
Chicago, IL 60654