CIO & CISO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize, Transform, Prepare, Protect
December 11, 2018 | San Francisco, CA
Grand Hyatt San Francisco
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT & Security Leaders
Discussion based gathering of CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs/VPs from the largest companies in the U.S.
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a Fortune 1000 CIO or CISO and attended by no more than 16 executives
Select specific engagements with solution providers based on your current needs and planned initiatives
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY MEETING?
The CIO & CISO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of IT and Security leaders from the largest 2000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strickly by CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs / VPs of IT and IT Security.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO and CISO are engaged with 2-3 sponsors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current and planned initiatives and interest in the product/service offerings of the attending sponsors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
CIO Leadership and Influence
Becoming a change leader with broader responsibilities and capabilities
• How will the CIO role extend beyond the traditional delivery roles?
• How does the CIO use the organization’s overall strategic goals to help sponsor / drive change to improve services/products for customers?
• How is the organization of IT helping or impeding business’s digital transformation?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
• Driving innovation throughout the organization
• Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
• Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
IT Transformation: When IT Shifts from Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
How will you re-invent your IT organization, your IT architecture and yourself to succeed amidst massive industry change?
• Moving beyond operational excellence
• Learning to shape the organization’s broader strategy
• Transforming IT to a new level: business model invention
Adaptive IT: Staying Responsive to your Organization’s Business Needs
How can you adapt to the evolving technological environment for your business to be successful?
• Take advantage of new digital capabilities
• Invest in innovation to drive new revenue
• Develop cost savings and new business process efficiencies
The Modern CISO & CIO Roles
Why the modern CISO & CIO need to work together more than ever before.
• How the increased focus on cybersecurity has affected the pivotal relationship between the CIO & CISO
• How the threatening events have moved security to the top of the CIO’s agenda
• Build a unified front to support your organization’s information security challenges from top to bottom
The impact of cybersecurity breach can have on your organization
• How will you defend the pace and scale of advancement in technology?
• Why is understanding changes in adversaries’ tactics critical to your cybersecurity leadership?
• How to adapt your security practices and educate users?
Securing your Cloud Environment
Enabling your business agility by managing risk
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
• Protecting your data privacy
Build an Enterprise-Wide IT Security Strategy
How to strengthen the security posture of your organization?
• Establish risk tolerance and appetite
• Determine where you are at and where you want to be
• Leverage security frameworks and best practice to enable your strategy
Herman Brown Jr
Chief Information Officer, Office of District Attorney George Gascón
City and County of San Francisco
Chief Information Security Officer
California Department of Insurance
Vice President of Engineering