CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
February 15, 2018 | Seattle, WA | Grand Hyatt
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT Leaders
Discussion-based gathering of CIOs, CTOs and SVPs from the largest IT companies in the U.S.
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a Fortune 500 CIO and attended by a maximum of 16 CIOs, CTOs and SVPs
Select specific engagements with solution providers based on your current needs and IT goals
WHAT IS THE CIO MEETING?
The CIO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of information technology leaders from the largest 2,000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CIOs, CTOs, SVPs and VPs of Information Technology.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the service offerings of the attending vendors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Women CIO’s and Leadership
The challenges and opportunities facing women in technology
• Understand the business and communicating well
• Gain a seat at the table for understanding the business objectives, mission and enablers
• Create the opportunity for women CIOs to develop unique understanding of how all parts of the business fit together
Business Agility Methodology and Transformation
• Drive business growth and innovation
• Deliver business solutions quickly
• Serve customers where they want to be served
How to set a good data strategy and leverage analytics to expedite business outcomes
• How can you best use data and analytics to find novel applications for critical business problems and generate incremental business value?
• How do you address the changing business expectations for data and what challenges do Chief Analytics Officers face?
• What are some tools at your disposal to ensure you do the best and have your data teams reach their transformational potential?
CIO Leadership and Influence
Becoming a change leader with broader responsibilities and capabilities
• How will the CIO role extend beyond the traditional delivery roles?
• How does the CIO use the organization’s overall strategic goals to help?
• Sponsor / drive change to improve services/products for customers?
• How is the organization of IT helping or impeding a business’s digital transformation?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
• Driving innovation throughout the organization
• Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
• Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
Cloud: The Shift in IT Infrastructure
How to respond rapidly to technology changes and shorter business cycles
• Prioritizing cloud as a strategic objective
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
Leverage the advances and opportunities of digital technologies to transform business competencies and outcomes.
• What are the most significant drivers behind your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Which areas are being singled out for allocation of resources in your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Where in your organization is a significant change required for your digital transformation objectives to be met?
Benchmarking your IT Organization
Establish benchmarking strategies to meet your optimal enterprise results
• How well are your business strategies aligned with your IT?
• Are you partnering with business executives to implement technology that adds value to the enterprise?
• What techniques and trusted information you are using to evaluate business effectiveness?
Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Director of Technology
Director of Innovation and Technology
City of Auburn
NCS Madison Corp.
500 N. Dearborn St., Suite 500
Chicago, IL 60654