CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
July 16, 2019 | Toronto, ON
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
CIO Leadership and Influence
Why CIO Leadership and influence is more critical to CIO success than ever?
• As the CIO changes from a traditional to the transformational role, what new skill sets are required?
• How does a CIO develop the leadership and influence to facilitate business and technology change?
• How can a CIO use this influence to successfully lead a large transformation?
CIO Driving Growth
What roles can the CIO adopt to drive business growth?
• What differentiates the top CIO from the typical?
• What non-IT areas the CIO can focus on to drive growth?
• How would you measure your performance?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
• How do you drive innovation throughout the organization?
• What are the next steps towards aligning your staff and the business culture?
• How can you successfully apply change management to transformational challenges?
IT Transformation: From Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
Re-inventing your IT organization, its architecture and you to succeed amidst massive industry change
• How can you move beyond operational excellence?
• How are you shaping the organization’s broader strategy?
• What is needed to take your IT department to a new level?
Build an Enterprise-Wide IT Security Strategy
How to strengthen the security posture of your organization?
• Establish risk tolerance and appetite
• Determine where you are at and where you want to be
• Leverage security frameworks and best practices to implement your strategy
The Shift in Corporate Cybersecurity Strategies
Determine the risk versus the rewards of the cyberspace
• Develop a business plan that identifies threats and build cyber resilience
• What critical capabilities your organization need to possess to increase resilience from cyberspace threat?
• Ensure your plan can withstand impacts from evolving cyber threats
Adaptive IT: Staying Responsive to your Organization’s Business Needs
Adapting successfully to the evolving technological environment
• How can you take advantage of new digital capabilities?
• Where should you invest in innovation to drive new revenue?
• How do you develop cost savings and new business process efficiencies?
Defining digital transformation for your organization
• How to discover the significant drivers behind your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Which areas are being singled out for resource allocation in your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Where in your organization is a significant change required for your digital transformation objectives to be met?
Business Engagement Strategy
How the CIO can create teams to interact directly with the stakeholders
• Develop a strategy to upgrade the workforce as part of the transition
• Enable the agile enterprise to rethink operations
• Adapt and collaborate with the rest of the business and offer expertise on the digital abilities and ambitions of their business partners
How the business and technology leaders can create an ecosystem to support digital transformation
• Build an ecosystem that creates value
• Use leadership styles and platforms to move your organization from instability to stability state
• Enhance your organizational capacity to support the future transformation
Strong leadership in the area of cybersecurity is critical to any organization
• What traits are essential in a cybersecurity leader such as a CISO
• Application of the MICEE model of leadership to cybersecurity
• Important of cyber aware users and how to achieve a culture of cyber awareness
Securing your Cloud Environment
Enabling your business agility by managing risk
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
• Protecting your data in the cloud