CHIEF DATA OFFICER STRATEGY MEETING
Revolutionize, Adapt, Evolve
February 8, 2022 | East
Discussion Group Topics:
Chief Data Officers (CDOs) Role: Challenges and Opportunities in 2021
Leverage the new emphasis on data and invest in your organization’s future
- Challenges: what role the CDOs play in determining their organization’s success or failure?
- Opportunities: build robust plans for responsible data collection and sharing
- Data as-a-Commodity: what are the lessons learned from the pandemic about the role of the data and the new ways of harnessing data and delivering insights to help the business adjust.
AI Holistic Strategy
Develop an enterprise-wide AI strategy
- Identify the elements of your analytics program
- Ensure AI solutions are bringing value to the enterprise
- Master data fluency and excellence and provide the highest value to your enterprise analytics at the lowest cost to the organization
Develop an enterprise data engineering for better decision making
- Build data orchestration platforms to become a data-driven company
- Invest in data discovery engines to make data, findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable
- Implement data Lakehouse to conduct machine learning and businesses intelligence
Why ethics, security, and privacy are imperative for your AI strategy
- Provide the framework, governance, and guidance to enable implementation
- Identify the inhibitors to the adoption of AI \ ML
- Ensure the security of your data and AI systems from unauthorized access, use, and cyber-crimes
Innovating Beyond AI
Build an integrated and intelligent infrastructure that delivers data whenever the customer or employee needs
- Why a strong foundation of connected data and operation is needed to meet their potential?
- How it will impact your business operating model?
- How it will enhance how people work and make business decisions
How to become a data-driven company?
- Define a business demand to solve a critical business need to help your organization realize the value in its data investments
- Identify the cultural challenges that impede your data initiatives
- Recognize data-driven transformation is a long-term process that requires resilience and fortitude
Building a Data Strategy
Develop data strategy in tandem with your business strategy
- How do we leverage the data that we have today?
- How to use data to support business processes, measure them, and improve them
- Understand data value across the three business dimensions, Increasing revenue, decreasing cost, and managing risk
Big Data Strategies in the Digital Economy
How big data is the driving force for the IT investment strategies and creating future opportunities for your organization
- Develop best-in-class data platforms and flows, enhancing e-commerce and digital platforms with AI/ML
- Integrate self-service and AI into your business environment
- Build a foundation for AI capabilities to incorporate into your digital transformation requirements
Build a Data Privacy Framework
Develop a data regulation framework that encourages innovation, data sharing, and gain people’s trust that their data is being used responsibly.
- Establishing standardization and transparent methodology that defines a data governance principle that ecosystem partners can rely on
- Assess the risks, transparency, and due diligence to protect against poor decisions
- Use data and turn it into value for your customers
Rethink your organizations’ data governance capabilities to meet the demands for new digital revenues
- Identify the steps to position your organization on the path to stronger data governance
- Drive rapid innovation while maintaining governance
- Incorporate data governance into every project to promote accountability and data democratization
Data Governance in the Cloud
Maintaining both data governance and your sanity in a hybrid cloud environment
- How has your data governance strategy changed to reflect the reality of data being stored and processed outside established on-prem environments?
- What frameworks do you follow to ensure best practices for providing quick and secure access to the data citizens require?
- What tools help you achieve the conflicting goals of easy/quick access to data and ensuring that data citizens get only the minimum access required to perform their jobs?
- How do you measure success? What KPIs reassure you that your organization’s data is effectively protected while simultaneously being made available for new value generation?