CIO & CISO STRATEGY MEETING
Innovate, Inspire, Protect, Perform
June 7, 2022 | The Carolinas | Virtual Event
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT & Security Leaders
Discussion based gathering of CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs/VPs from the largest companies in the U.S.
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a Fortune 1000 CIO or CISO and attended by no more than 16 executives
Select specific engagements with solution providers based on your current needs and planned initiatives
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY MEETING?
The CIO & CISO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of IT and Security leaders from the largest 2000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs / VPs of IT and IT Security.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO and CISO are engaged with 2-3 sponsors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current and planned initiatives and interest in the product/service offerings of the attending sponsors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Develop your 2022 Cybersecurity Roadmap
- How to address and improve key areas of security that drive business value
- How to be a strategical CISO vs a tactical security engineer. Work towards creating an organizational cyber mindset.
- How to strategically plan for the prevention and remediation of a major security event
Realigning IT Strategy with the Business Goals
- Develop a broad spectrum portfolio of IT initiatives from operational and tactical to innovative and entrepreneurial
- Focus on becoming a future-facing IT Department that embraces the ever changing IT landscape
- Develop the IT value proposition through IT investment as well as IT decommissioning
Navigate the New Work Culture
- Develop a strategic plan to hire and retain top talent
- Develop a hybrid strategy of in house talent development and outsourcing based on “value add” service and realistic competency
- How do empower staff to bring their whole selves to work?
- Setting up necessary guidelines and transparency
- Balancing the potential of AI Technology while considering ethical responsibilities with AI and automatic algorithms
- Budget planning and the ROI of AI investments
CIO Future Leadership: Strategize and Adapt for 2022 and beyond
- Demonstrate and prove the business value of IT to the organization leaders
- Is the great resignation an opportunity to hire fresh new talent? Could your organization be the alternative?
- What can we learn from the pandemic to think and operate differently?
Alignment of Cybersecurity with IT
- Link cybersecurity measures and protective functions to technology initiatives as essential requirements within every program
- Build a framework that values both service delivery and risk mitigation from the start of all projects
- Define the role of best practice frameworks (ISOx, NIST, et cetera) as common language between InfoSec and IT
- Provide leadership that integrates processes and people within cybersecurity and IT to promote a collaborative culture
Improving Day-to-Day IT Operations
- Reduce complexity while maximizing sustainability, security and scalability
- Planning for and sustaining AI Technology and advancements and how it will affect IT operation functions
- Managing the talent pipeline and advancing collaboration across departments
Drive Innovation and Lead Change
- Shifting from short-term individual innovations to long-term and connected synergistic innovations
- Develop a focus on human-centered tech initiatives
- Focus on improving customer experiences, engagement, and loyalty to drive future growth
Chief Information Security Officer
Former Senior Vice President/Chief Information Security Officer
State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU)
Vice President, Cybersecurity