CIO & CISO STRATEGY MEETING
Rethink, Adapt, Digitize, Secure
November 19, 2019 | San Francisco, CA
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
CIO Leadership and Influence
Why CIO Leadership and influence is more critical to CIO success than ever?
- As the CIO changes from a traditional to the transformational role, what new skill sets are required?
- How does a CIO develop the leadership and influence to facilitate business and technology change?
- How can a CIO use this influence to successfully lead a large transformation?
CIO Driving Growth
What roles can the CIO adopt to drive business growth?
- What differentiates the top CIO from the typical?
- What non-IT areas the CIO can focus on to drive growth?
- How would you measure your performance?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
- Driving innovation throughout the organization
- Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
- Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
IT Transformation: When IT Shifts from Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
How will you re-invent your IT organization, your IT architecture and yourself to succeed amidst massive industry change?
- Moving beyond operational excellence: A strategic approach to IT Transformation
- Learning to shape the organization’s broader strategy
- How do you work towards shaping a broader strategy?
Adaptive IT: Staying Responsive to your Organization’s Business Needs
How can you adapt to the evolving technological environment for your business to be successful?
- Take advantage of new digital capabilities
- Invest in innovation to drive new revenue
- Develop cost savings and new business process efficiencies
Who or what is defining the digital transformation in your organization? Where is the value proposition?
- How does the modern CIO discover the synergies between business drivers, strategic partners, and IT vision?
- What impact does organizational and IT culture have to do with transformation? How about readiness?
- What changes in the business or IT is critical for digital success?
Business Engagement Strategy
How the CIO can create teams to interact directly with the stakeholders
- Develop a strategy to upgrade the workforce as part of the transformation
- Enable the agile enterprise to rethink operations
- Adapt and collaborate with the rest of the business and offer expertise on the digital abilities and ambitions of their business partners
The Evolution of Traditional Business Applications in the Cloud Era
Cloud adoption strategies that integrate with existing systems
- How to improve the customer experience while delivering innovation
- Alignment of performance metrics to business outcomes
- Building a true Hybrid Cloud strategy and balancing deployment trade-offs
The Modern CISO and CIO Roles
Why modern CISO & CIO need to work together more than ever before.
- How the increased focus on cybersecurity has affected the pivotal relationship between the CIO & CISO
- How the threatening events have moved security to the top of the CIO’s agenda
- Build a unified front to support your organization’s information security challenges from top to bottom
Build an Enterprise-Wide IT Security Strategy
How to strengthen the security posture of your organization?
- How to work with the CISO, senior leadership, and business stakeholders to establish risk tolerance and appetite?
- How to determine your current level of capabilities and where you are and where you want to be?
- Leverage security frameworks and best practices to implement your strategy
Adaptive Endpoint Management and Security Architecture
How are you classifying endpoints within your enterprise?
- How does next-generation zero trust-based technology enhance security and user experience?
- How does ownership models influence these strategies?
- What technology opportunities/gaps are there as a result?
Cybersecurity for Proactive Defense at the Digitized Edge
As the network perimeter disappears, enabled edges change our definition of the network. How do you protect this expanding digital attack surface?
- Understanding and evaluating the cyber risk to your infrastructure with this new ‘edge’ network
- Foundational elements of a security strategy that minimizes risk and adjusts based on change
- Identifying the attack surface, detecting malicious activity and leveraging real-time intelligence to combat cyber attacks
CISO and CIO Metrics for the Board
Information security has increased visibility with the corporate board of directors.
- When the CEO says the board wants to discuss the security strategy, will you be ready?
- Do you have a risk-based approach to security and how do you prioritize investments?
- Are your employee’s parts of the problem or part of the solution? Or both