CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
October 23, 2018 | Washington, DC | Park Hyatt
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT Leaders
WHAT IS THE CIO MEETING?
The CIO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of information technology leaders from the largest 2,000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CIOs, CTOs, SVPs and VPs of Information Technology.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the service offerings of the attending vendors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Women CIO’s and Leadership
The challenges and opportunities facing women in technology
• Understand the business and communicating well
• Gain a seat at the table for understanding the business objectives, mission and enablers
• Create the opportunity for women CIOs to develop unique understanding of how all parts of the business fit together
IT Transformation: From Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
• How can you move beyond operational excellence?
• How are you shaping the organization’s broader strategy?
• What is needed to take your IT department to a new level?
• How can you best use data and analytics to find novel applications for critical business problems and generate incremental business value?
• How do you address the changing business expectations for data and what challenges do Chief Analytics Officers face?
• What are some tools at your disposal to ensure you do the best and have your data teams reach their transformational potential?
CIO Leadership and Influence
• How will the CIO role extend beyond the traditional delivery roles?
• How does the CIO use the organization’s overall strategic goals to help?
• Sponsor / drive change to improve services/products for customers?
• How is the organization of IT helping or impeding a business’s digital transformation?
Developing an IT Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
• Driving innovation throughout the organization
• Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
• Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
Cloud Migration Strategy
• Develop a cloud management maturity roadmap
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
• What are the most significant drivers behind your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Which areas are being singled out for allocation of resources in your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Where in your organization is a significant change required for your digital transformation objectives to be met?
Benchmarking your IT Organization
• How well are your business strategies aligned with your IT?
• Are you partnering with business executives to implement technology that adds value to the enterprise?
• What techniques and trusted information you are using to evaluate business effectiveness?
Chief Information Officer
DC Department of Public Works
Chief Technology Officer
Associate Chief Information Officer
NCS Madison Corp.