CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
August 9-10, 2017 | Chicago, IL
Emerging New Technologies
How broadly will your organization be investing in new technologies?
- Identify the gaps between the business process and technology available
- Examine the investment necessary to transform the way your organization will do business
- Develop a holistic look at how your organization will approach IT
How can your organization create meaningful change?
- Know who are the new players
- Understand how they think
- Create your digital disruption
Discussion Group Topics:
Big Data Platform Strategies
What strategies are you employing to spread your ever-growing data across complex combinations of new and legacy environments, given the cost and legislative requirements?
• Do you know where all of your data is? How is data discoverable across your organization?
• How do you ensure data continues to deliver value, rather simply being a management burden? Are you eliminating stale and increasing the amount of what you need?
• How are you leveraging Smart Data – that adds value to your organization and users?
CIO Leadership and Influence
What does CIO leadership and influence really mean?
• Is the CIO role an influencer within the organization or seen as an operational role?
• How does the CIO use the organizations overall strategic goals to help sponsor/drive change to improve services/products for customers?
• How is the organization of IT helping or impeding a business’s digital transformation?
Security Implications Resulting from an Increasingly Complex Environment
• Determine the security solution that meets the shared security responsibility model within cloud environments
• How are you prioritizing cloud?
• Are you concerned that certain elements of your virtualization or cloud strategy are not achieving the savings and goals that were intended?
Cloud: The Shift in IT Infrastructure
• Prioritize speed-to-market as a strategic objective
• Evaluate transition risk
• Adoption of managed public cloud-based platform
Adaptive IT: Staying Responsive to your Organization’s Business Needs
• Take advantage of new digital capabilities
• Invest in innovation to drive new revenue
• Develop cost savings and new business process efficiencies
The Future of Commerce
• How to initiate the conversation in your organization
• Understanding the strategies by the executives at the varying level of your enterprise
• What are the perceptions, goals, concerns and how to address them?
IT Business Engagement: Building and Maintaining a High Performing IT Organization
Build a high-performing IT organization that is business and results focused.
• What are the key elements required to have and maintain a high-performing team?
• What is the best model for effective business engagement?
• How to create a stand-up innovation team
Business Agility Methodology and Transformation
• Drive business growth and innovation
• Deliver business solutions quickly
• Serve customers where they want to be served
Developing an IT Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
• Driving innovation throughout the organization
• Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
• Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
Modern Application Architecture
• What level of flexibility must your modern architecture have?
• Create future proof application to prevent holding your company back
• What will your modern application architecture look like?
Talent Management & Workforce Innovation
• How can your organization deal with the shortage of qualified IT professionals and developers?
• How can your organization bridge the growing skills gap while remaining competitive?
• How your organization adapt to the new application economy?
IT Governance: Greater Transparency and Management of IT Investment
• Determine priority areas for standardization, consolidation, and conventional approaches
• How will your IT department deliver outcomes for your organization?
• How do you engage and control “shadow IT”, particularly given the availability of cloud services?
Creating your Digital Organization
• Transform your IT from cost center and operational function to a genuine competitive differentiator
• Develop digitally connected multi-channels
• Create an agile and flexible IT culture
Strategic IT Modernization
• Design a social and Omni-channel strategies
• Invest in strategies that allow an integrated customer experience
• Enhance customer experience
Enterprise transformation in new era of customer engagement.
• Addressing changing business expectations for data and analytics strategies
• Leveraging from the use of analytics
• Transforming with the role of IT from Infrastructure and app management to delivering Insight-as-a-Service platforms
Enabling and Managing Innovation
• Establishing a culture of innovation
• “Operationalizing Innovation”— Implementing innovation to achieve positive business outcomes
• Deploying effective change management techniques to ensure the success of introducing innovative business processes and technologies
Data Security Strategies
• Reduce exposure to data theft
• How will you combat your internal and external data threats
• Does compliance ensure security?
Benchmarking Your IT Organization
• How well are your business strategies aligned with your IT?
• Are you partnering with business executives to implement technology that adds value to the enterprise?
• What techniques and trusted information you are using to evaluate business effectiveness
Enterprise Strategies – B2B2C: The Hidden Tsunami of Mobility
• How are you preparing your organization for the on-demand revolution
• Review your organization’s mobile innovation “mobile application” used in delivering
• Your products and services – Customer experience starts with mobility
• Develop deeper integration with your organization’s back-end systems
IT Business and Process Strategy
• Shift from maintenance to innovation
• Drive business forward and quickly
• Embrace the risk of continued technological change
Coaching and the CIO
• Use coaching to develop and improve your IT team performance
• Determine your IT staff behaviors and capabilities
• Help your IT staff find direction and create future leaders
• What are the most significant drivers behind your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Which areas are being singled out for allocation of resources in your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Where in your organization is a significant change required for your digital transformation objectives to be met?
Understanding the impact of blockchain on creating the trusted economy blockchain.
• Explore the underlying technology, and how blockchain may be used
• What can we learn from enterprise adoption patterns of other transformative technology?
• What are the challenges and how organizations can address them?
Wrap-Up Story Circles:
Creating a Shared Story for the Future CIO
Future of the CIO in a Dynamically Changing World
The road ahead for CIOs – what are your challenges?
- Will your business still need a CIO?
- How can you adapt to the changing world?
- How do you prepare your organization and your team to these changes?
NCS Madison Corp.