CDO STRATEGY MEETING
Secure & Maximize Data Value for Precise Decision Making
January 23, 2019 | Chicago, IL
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate Data Leaders
Discussion based gathering for CDOs, CDSs, CIOs and SVPs/VPs (Data Analytics, Management, Governance, Integration and more) from the largest enterprises in the US
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a CDO and attended by a maximum of 12-16 Sr. Executives
Select specific engagements with suppliers that match well with your current needs and goals
WHAT IS THE CDO MEETING
The CDO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of Data Leaders from the largest companies in the US. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CDOs, CDSs, CIOs, SVP/VPs and Directors.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CDO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the product/service offerings of the suppliers.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
What are the risks of the disruptive technologies and how your organization will respond to the data-related transformation?
- What obstacles prevent you from transforming into data-driven business?
- How will you master change and overcoming your organizational cultural barriers to becoming a data-driven business?
- How will you use the data to innovate and compete against your rivals?
The Future Role of the Chief Data Officer (CDO)
What influence does the CDO have in driving change and progress and faster than your competitors?
- Why your organization needs a CDO?
- What is the role of CDO in value creation and revenue generation?
- What makes a successful CDO?
Disruptive Technologies and New Business Models
How to bridge between business leadership and technology adoption
- How will your data impact your digital business models created?
- How will your data optimize your business models?
- How will you evaluate and adjust your business models?
Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
How machine learning will transform business intelligence and analytics
- Assessing the maturity of your current approach to ML and analytics
- Leveraging AI/ML and analytics for strategic outcomes in your organization
- Lessons you have learned and mistakes to avoid
Develop a refined data-led strategy
- Establish solid quality management practices to protect and maintain your data during, collection, processing, and storage
- Train staff members on data entry and upload protocols
- Implement data cleaning and maintenance, and validation rules practices throughout the data life-cycle
The Impact of Data on Digital Transformation
How to leverage data to drive and accelerate your digital transformation efforts
- What digital transformation means to your organization?
- What are the traits for the transformational organization?
- Build your data as the foundation of your digital business
Create a Data-Driven Culture
What are the cultural challenges to overcome to help you transform your business?
- How will you make data accessible across your enterprise?
- How will you change your business models?
- How will you engage with your stakeholders and employees to make decisive decisions
Take Command of your Data with Metadata Management
Build the technology capabilities to capture your customer’s need
- Creating the “new normal” operating model customer and context-centered
- Offering a seamless Omni-Channel experience, through a smart balance of human and machines
- Transforming customer interaction through artificial intelligence (AI)
Casey Bennett, Ph.D.
Senior Data Scientist
Enterprise Metadata & Master Data Leader, Chief Customer and Reference Data Governance Officer
Krishna V. Iyer, Ph.D.
Acting Chief Data Officer
State of Illinois