CDO STRATEGY MEETING
Revolutionize, Adapt, Evolve
January 14, 2020 | Chicago, IL
Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate Data Leaders
Discussion based gathering for CDOs, CDSs, CIOs and SVPs/VPs (Data Analytics, Management, Governance, Integration and more) from the largest enterprises in the US
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a CDO and attended by a maximum of 12-16 Sr. Executives
Select specific engagements with suppliers that match well with your current needs and goals
WHAT IS THE CDO MEETING
The CDO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of Data Leaders from the largest companies in the US. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CDOs, CDSs, CIOs, SVP/VPs and Directors.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CDO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the product/service offerings of the suppliers.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
- What obstacles prevent you from transforming into data-driven business?
- How will you master change and overcoming your organizational cultural barriers to becoming a data-driven business?
- How will you use the data to innovate and compete against your rivals?
The Future Role of the Chief Data Officer (CDO)
What influence does the CDO have in delivering tangible value?
- How the CDO lead a data-driven transformation in their organizations?
- What is the role of CDO in value creation?
- What makes a successful CDO?
Disruptive Technologies and New Business Models
How to bridge between business leadership and technology adoption?
- Disruptive technologies equal data explosion, are you ready?
- How will your data impact your digital business?
- How will you evaluate and adjust your business models?
Business Analytics and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
How machine learning will transform business intelligence and analytics?
- Assessing the maturity of your current approach to ML and analytics
- Leveraging AI/ML and analytics for strategic outcomes in your organization
- How to deliver effective data and analytics strategy?
- Establish solid quality management practices to protect and maintain your data during, collection, processing, and storage
- Train staff members on data entry and upload protocols
- Implement data cleaning and maintenance, and validation rules practices throughout the data life-cycle
Data in the Cloud
How to balance accessibility and protection to encourage adoption and deliver business value?
- What are the issues and objections that prevent the adoption of cloud environments, and what strategies are effective for addressing those?
- What are the best practices for utilizing data across organizations and with external partners?
- How to provide tools to empower your employees to access the data and foster a culture of innovation?
The Impact of Data on Digital Transformation
How to leverage data to drive and accelerate your digital transformation efforts?
- What digital transformation means to your organization?
- What are the traits of the transformational organization?
- Build your data as the foundation of your digital business
How do you appraise and maintain AI algorithms?
- How does AI governance depend on data governance?
- How do you monitor and address AI bias?
- When do you use externally vs. internally developed AI algorithms?
Head of Systems Integration, Cat Digital Platform
Inaugural Chief Data Officer
Office of the Cook County Assessor
Senior Director – Global Data Architecture
Walgreens Boots Alliance