CIO & CISO STRATEGY MEETING
Rethink | Adapt | Digitize |Secure
April 23, 2019 | Boston, MA | Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT & Security Leaders
Discussion based gathering of CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs/VPs from the largest companies in the U.S.
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a Fortune 1000 CIO or CISO and attended by no more than 16 executives
Select specific engagements with solution providers based on your current needs and planned initiatives
WHAT IS THE STRATEGY MEETING?
The CIO & CISO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of IT and Security leaders from the largest 2000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strickly by CIOs, CISOs, CTOs and SVPs / VPs of IT and IT Security.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO and CISO are engaged with 2-3 sponsors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current and planned initiatives and interest in the product/service offerings of the attending sponsors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
CIO Leadership and Influence
Why CIO Leadership and influence is more critical to CIO success than ever?
- As the CIO changes from a traditional to the transformational role, what new skill sets are required?
- How does a CIO develop the leadership and influence to facilitate business and technology change?
- How can a CIO use this influence to successfully lead a large transformation?
CIO Driving Growth
What roles can the CIO adopt to drive business growth?
- What differentiates the top CIO from the typical?
- What non-IT areas the CIO can focus on to drive growth?
- How would you measure your performance?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
- Driving innovation throughout the organization
- Identifying the steps to align your staff and business to work together
- Successfully applying change management to transformational challenges
IT Transformation: When IT Shifts from Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
How will you re-invent your IT organization, your IT architecture and yourself to succeed amidst massive industry change?
- Moving beyond operational excellence
- Learning to shape the organization’s broader strategy
- Transforming IT to a new level: business model invention
The Modern CISO and CIO Roles
Why the modern CISO & CIO need to work together more than ever before.
- How the increased focus on cybersecurity has affected the pivotal relationship between the CIO & CISO
- How the threatening events have moved security to the top of the CIO’s agenda
- Build a unified front to support your organization’s information security challenges from top to bottom
CISO and CIO Metrics for the Board
Information security has increased visibility with the corporate board of directors.
- When the CEO says the board wants to discuss the security strategy, will you be ready?
- Do you have a risk-based approach to security and how do you prioritize investments?
- Are your employee’s parts of the problem or part of the solution? Or both
Strong leadership in the area of cybersecurity is critical to any organization
- What traits are essential in a cybersecurity leader such as a CISO
- Application of the MICEE model of leadership to cybersecurity
- Important of cyber aware users and how to achieve a culture of cyber awareness
Build an Enterprise-Wide IT Security Strategy
How to strengthen the security posture of your organization?
- Establish risk tolerance and appetite
- Determine where you are at and where you want to be
- Leverage security frameworks and best practice to enable your strategy
Chief Information Officer, Associate Principal
Vice President, and Chief Information Security Officer
Vice President of Technology Operations, Chief of Staff for Global Product Technology
Vice President of Global Information Technology