CIO & CISO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize, Transform, Prepare, Protect
August 15, 2018 | Chicago, IL
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Adaptive IT: Staying Responsive to your Organization's Business Needs
Adapting successfully to the evolving technological environment
• How can you take advantage of new digital capabilities?
• Where should you invest in innovation to drive new revenue?
• How do you develop cost savings and new business process efficiencies?
Benchmarking Your IT Organization
Establishing benchmark strategies to meet your optimal enterprise results
• How well are you benchmarking organizational business strategies that align with your IT area?
• What areas of tech are you and your organization currently focusing on?
• How can you partner with financial leadership to identify IT as an added business value?
Blockchain in your Business
Understanding the impact of blockchain on business processes and IT organizations
• How does the underlying technology work, and what are its main business benefits?
• What are some real-world business use cases and outcomes for those companies?
• What factors should CIOs use to evaluate blockchain proof of concepts or applications in IT?
Setting a good data strategy and leverage analytics to expedite business outcomes
• How can you best use data and analytics to find novel applications for critical business problems and generate business value?
• How do you address the changing business expectations for data and what challenges do Chief Analytics Officers face?
• What are some tools at your disposal to ensure data teams reach their transformational potential?
CIO Leadership and Influence
Becoming a Change Leader with broader responsibilities and capabilities
• How will the CIO role extend beyond the traditional delivery roles?
• How does the CIO use the organization’s overall strategic goals to help sponsor and drive customer-centric change?
• How is IT helping or impeding your organization’s digital transformation?
Cloud Migration Strategy
How to optimize your migration to the cloud
• Develop a cloud management maturity roadmap
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
• How do you drive innovation throughout the organization?
• What are the next steps towards aligning your staff and the business culture?
• How can you successfully apply Change Management to transformational challenges?
Leveraging the advances and opportunities of digital technologies to transform business competencies and outcomes
• What are the most significant drivers behind your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Which areas are being singled out for resource allocation in your organization’s plan for digital transformation?
• Where in your organization is a significant change required for your digital transformation objectives to be met?
Inspiring the Next Generation of Technology Leaders
How does the IT Industry become more accessible?
• How can your organization benefit from supporting mentoring programs?
• How can you make your workplace appealing to young women entering the technology field?
• What can CIOs do to create the right environment for a fresh and diverse team?
Internal Customer Experience, Engagement and Business Alignment
Getting the balance right between engagement and business alignment
• Are you confident in your end user experience?
• How can you identify and align technologies and processes that drive end user engagement and productivity?
• Delivering an individualized end user experience
IT Transformation: When IT Shifts from Supporting the Business to Becoming the Business
Re-inventing your IT organization, its architecture and yourself to succeed amidst massive industry change
• How can you move beyond operational excellence?
• How are you shaping the organization’s broader strategy?
• What is needed to take your IT department to a new level?
Measuring ROI for Innovation Programs
Finding the right yardstick to measure the success of your innovation programs
• How do you make innovation investments that pay off?
• What is necessary to create a mix of quick wins and long-term aspiration projects?
• Which metrics make sense for each project?
Strategic IT Modernization
Design a modernized strategic IT to deliver faster product and service
• Design social and omni-channel strategies
• Invest in strategies that allow an integrated customer experience
• Enhance customer experience
IT Governance: Greater Transparency and Management of IT Investment
Develop sustainable IT governance strategies to increase your organizational effectiveness and efficiency
• Determine priority areas for standardization, consolidation, and conventional approaches
• How will your IT department deliver outcomes for your organization?
• How do you engage and control “shadow IT”, particularly given the availability of cloud services?
The Modern CISO & CIO Roles
Why the modern CISO & CIO need to work together more than ever before.
• How the increased focus on cybersecurity has affected the pivotal relationship between the CIO & CISO
• How the threatening events have moved security to the top of the CIO’s agenda
• Build a unified front to support your organization’s information security challenges from top to bottom
A Holistic Business Approach to Security
Why there should be no barriers separating data security from the organization’s core business function
• Protect your mission-critical information
• Determine who needs to access it and when
• Create acceptable security conscious company behaviors
The Transition from Alignment to Integration
Why IT security is not a standalone function and how to integrate with other business functions?
• What can the CISOs do to integrate security into all business strategies?
• How to manage turfs and silos issues
• Why is integration vital to deliver what the business needs?
Build an Enterprise-wide IT Security Strategy
How to strengthen the security posture of your organization?
• Establish risk tolerance and appetite
• Determine where you are at and where you want to be
• Leverage security frameworks and best practice to enable your strategy
Information Security Governance
Strengthen your reputation risk management
• Generate an integrated view of information risk
• Adopt a robust and structured approach to assessing and managing risk
• Develop agile practical strategies to deal with incidents quickly and effectively
The impact of cybersecurity breach can have on your organization
• How will you defend the pace and scale of advancement in technology?
• Why is understanding changes in adversaries’ tactics critical to your cybersecurity leadership?
• How to adapt your security practices and educate users?
The Nation State of Cyber Threats
What are the trends and your risk mitigation strategies?
• Examine the types of ransomware attacks
• Understand the scope and the impact of the threats
• Establish cost-effective risk management practices to mitigate against the attacks
Authentification & Identity Management
Create secure access to multiple external systems to interconnect with your customers and suppliers
• Adopt a securely connected world
• Develop good practices for working with your business and technical teams
• Implement a secure and effective outbound and inbound connections
Infrastructure and Network Security
Protect your critical infrastructure
• Respond to sophisticated cyber threats
• Maintain capabilities for continuous, real-time monitoring of the online threat environment
• Develop an updated cybersecurity crisis management plan
Securing your Cloud Environment
Enabling your business agility by managing risk
• Evaluating transition risk
• Securing your hybrid and public cloud-based platforms
• Protecting your data privacy
How will you use machine learning and AI for your cyber defense?
• What are the impact and the extent of AI on your information security strategies?
• Can AI replace human?
• Learning from the threats and gaining an understanding of how to respond
Information Security Strategies
Information security has increased visibility with the corporate board of directors.
• When the CEO says the board wants to discuss the security strategy, will you be ready?
• Do you have a risk-based approach to security and how do you prioritize investments?
• Are your employee’s parts of the problem or part of the solution? Or both
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
How will GDPR effect your IT Security?
• What is GDPR and what you need to know to prepare?
• How GDPR impact on the way you restore and access to your data in time of the physical or technical incident?
• What are the ramifications of not being compliant?