CIO STRATEGY MEETING
Digitize | Transform | Lead | Secure
June 12, 2018 | Charlotte, NC
A Knowledge Exchange Program for Corporate IT Leaders
Discussion-based gathering of CIOs, CTOs and SVPs from the largest IT companies in the U.S.
Select 4-5 discussion groups out of over 25 topic-specific options to fit your priorities and planned initiatives
Each group is led by a Fortune 500 CIO and attended by a maximum of 16 CIOs, CTOs and SVPs
Select specific engagements with solution providers based on your current needs and IT goals
WHAT IS THE CIO MEETING?
The CIO Strategy Meeting is a discussion based gathering of information technology leaders from the largest 2,000 US companies. This event is invite only and attended strictly by CIOs, CTOs, SVPs and VPs of Information Technology.
WHY IS IT UNIQUE?
As opposed to a traditional conference setting with a speaker/ audience format, the “discussion group” environment demands group participation which leads to a sharing of ideas and experiences at multiple levels and stages of implementation.
Each CIO is engaged with and selects on average 2-3 vendors they want to meet with. Their selection is based solely on current or planned initiatives and interest in the service offerings of the attending vendors.
DISCUSSION TOPICS INCLUDE:
Setting a good data strategy and leverage analytics to expedite business outcomes
• How can you best use data and analytics to find novel applications for critical business problems and generate business value?
• How do you address the changing business expectations for data and what challenges do Chief Analytics Officers face?
• What are some tools at your disposal to ensure data teams reach their transformational potential?
Robotics / AI
Adopting robotics/AI to slash costs and simplify legacy systems
• How can robotics/AI automate day-to-day activities?
• How do you navigate cultural and technical issues to gradually increase adoption across your enterprise?
• What new skills will your team need to support AI adoption flexibly and resiliently?
CIO Leadership and Influence
Becoming a Change Leader with broader responsibilities and capabilities
• How will the CIO role extend beyond the traditional delivery roles?
• How does the CIO use the organization’s overall strategic goals to help sponsor and drive customer-centric change?
• How is IT helping or impeding your organization’s digital transformation?
Women in Technology Leadership
Examining the challenges and opportunities facing women in IT leadership roles
• What are the causes leading to a lack of women in technology leadership positions?
• What challenges do female executives face, and what methods are effective in combatting these challenges?
• What resources exist for women in C-Level positions?
Developing an IT Innovation Culture Aligned with the Business Culture
Creating and maintaining an innovative, business-focused culture in your organization
• How do you drive innovation throughout the organization?
• What are the next steps towards aligning your staff and the business culture?
• How can you successfully apply Change Management to transformational challenges?
IT Team Member Engagement
Sharing real examples of CIO-driven innovation and its business impact
• How have you created true partnership that had real impact on business results?
• What have you changed about how you lead, communicate, and run your business that has driven innovation?
• What systems have you implemented to quantify your IT department’s success at driving business contribution?
Measuring ROI for Innovation Programs
Finding the right yardstick to measure the success of your innovation programs
• How do you make innovation investments that pay off?
• What is necessary to create a mix of quick wins and long-term aspiration projects?
• Which metrics make sense for each project?
Information Security Strategies
Preparing for increased visibility with the corporate Board of Directors
• Are you ready for a security strategy discussion with the Board?
• How can your organization have a risk-based approach to security and still prioritize investments?
• Employees: problem, solution, or both?
Chief Information Officer
City of Gastonia
Chief Technology Officer
Former Chief Information Officer
Carolinas HealthCare Systems
NCS Madison Corp.